- Used frequently for preparation of thin, uniform sections of fresh tissue as necessary for metabolic studies of tissue in vitro
- Sections average 0.5 mm in thickness
- Consists of three flat plates of carefully machined and polished transparent methacrylate, 13 mm thick, one extended to form a handle and a thin carbon steel blade with 102 mm cutting edge; not autoclavable
- Nickel-plated brass, detachable handle with wing nut for fastening blade
- Parts separate easily for cleaning
- Tissue Slicer (part no. 6727C10) comes with a 25 pk of microtome blades (6727C18), blade handle (6727C25), and 3 trans. methacrylate parts (6727P02)
Circular platform, 31 mm diameter x 12 mm high, on base plate; fits into circular opening in middle plate. With 10 carbon steel blades, 117 mm long.
Other Applications: these blades are also used in the polymer clay industry for thin slicing of clay materials, with no pulling or tearing of material. It also produces very thin sections when needed.
NOTE: these microtome blades are extremely sharp and should be handled with extreme care.
- Stock: Pre Order
- Stock Delivery Within 90 Days
- Model: Thomas Scientific
- SKU: 6727C25